November 6, 2017
The Fundamentals is an interactive educational course focusing on evolving trends in the travel and tourism industry and marketplace and how destination organizations successfully align with these changes. Key to this success are the operations of the organization and its place within the travel and tourism industry. Some of the key topics covered include:
- The destination organization's evolving role and value to the destination.
- The destination organization’s operating environment and structure
- Marketing and Management
- Strategic Planning
- Research/Data Analysis
- Leisure & Convention Sales
- Engaging tourism stakeholders in destination place-making
- Super trends for destination organizations
- DMAP Accreditation and CDME Credential
The PDM Fundamentals course is one of seven courses needed to complete the PDM Certificate; however, destination professionals can take the course whether they are pursuing the PDM Certificate or not. In fact, we encourage professionals who attend the convention to take the course as a refresher, to network and learn from peers.
Apply to the Program
Get your professional journey in destination marketing and management off on the best track with a PDM certificate. Apply now. If you have any questions, contact Haydee Barno at email@example.com.